Independent Lives is an award-winning charity based in Worthing that supports disabled people to live at home.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Treasurer to our board of trustees, to be responsible for the strategic direction, governance, and development of the organisation on strategic financial planning and oversight.
Independent Lives is a user-led charity, working with people with support needs and with carers, to enable people to lead full, active and independent lives. Our vision is a fairer society where everyone can participate and has the opportunity to fulfill their potential. Working together we achieve real change in the lives of the people we support - so that we can all participate in our communities and have greater choice, control and freedom.
In order for us to realise our vision and mission, we need a highly effective and committed Treasurer to provide support to ensure that we achieve our aims, in particular by giving financial direction, guiding overarching financial policy, defining goals and measuring performance.
We are seeking outstanding people with board level experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience of working in a senior financial position with review of financial strategy.
- You will have strategic input in the direction of a dynamic charity.
- Your time will directly benefit disabled people, and people with long term health conditions, of all ages.
- You will learn new skills, be supported by other board members and the chief executive, and help shape an award-winning charity.
We are based in Worthing and you would need to commit to 4-6 meetings per year, which are held in our office.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The board meeting dates are set at the start of each year, arranged when everyone can attend.|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer