Are you interested in supporting disabled people? Do you have a background in finance? Do you have 3-4 hours a month to spare? If so, this role could be for you.
Freedom Powerchairs designs, maintains, repairs, services and hires out mobility aids for people with mobility problems.
We are looking for a Treasurer to join our board of trustees. Your role will be to:
- Liaise with the manager, the bookkeeper and independent examiner.
- Oversee and presents budgets, management accounts and annual financial statements to the board.
- Monitor and advise the board on financial issues, including Gift Aid.
- Ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly invested and economically spent.
- Assess our financial systems and implement improvements.
We are still recruiting to this role despite the COVID-19 lockdown. So if you're interested, please get in touch and we can talk initially via phone, email or zoom.
We are looking for someone with a finance background. You don’t need to be a fully qualified accountant. What we need is someone with the expertise to provide the trustees with financial advice and prepare the annual accounts.
You don't need to have been a trustee before - we offer training and ongoing development. What matters is your willingness to learn what it means to be a trustee and practice good governance.
We are looking for someone who can think strategically and creatively, exercise good judgement and work as team, while being willing to speak their mind.
- Experience of sitting on a board of directors/trustees - which could enhance your CV if that interests you.
- The opportunity to help shape the growth of the charity.
- The opportunity to contribute to improving the lives of people in the local community with mobility problems.
You will need to have access to a computer, phone and internet connection.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The time commitment is about 3-4 hours a month on average and there is considerable flexibility around when you do the work.|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities