Broadwater Community Association
Do you have some finance, accounting or bookkeeping experience? Perhaps you're working towards your qualifications and are looking for more experience? Or maybe you're retired and would like to get involved in a community organisation? Do you live in or near the Broadwater area of Worthing? Would you like to make a difference to the well-being of your local community? If so, then this role could be for you.
The Broadwater Community Association runs the Parish Rooms in Broadwater Street West - the hub of village life. This is where local people get together to hold community events, celebrations, children's parties, quizzes and talks. And every morning it is home to a children's nursery. The centre is busy six days a week and we have plans and funds to acquire bigger premises. Our annual income is about £20,000.
Our Association is a registered charity and is run by our board of ten active trustees. Sadly, our wonderful Treasurer is standing down due to poor health, and so we are looking for a new Treasurer to join our Board.
Our Board meets at 7.15pm on the third Thursday of every month. As a Trustee, you will play a full part in our Board discussions. As Treasurer you will also:
- Prepare the budget, the monthly management accounts and the annual financial statement and present them to the Board.
- Collect and bank payments from the people and organisations who hire rooms.
- Ensure proper accounting records are kept.
- Advise the Board on financial issues.
- Liaise with the Independent Examiner regarding the annual accounts.
Our finances are straightforward so you don't need to be an accountant to do this role. Our current Treasurer is a retired Bank Manager.
You should have some finance experience. We welcome people who are working towards an accounting or bookkeeping qualification and would like some experience for their CV.
Ideally you should live in or near Broadwater.
- This is a great opportunity to get involved in your local community and meet new people.
- It is also a good way of getting experience for your CV if that interests you.
- You will be helping to sustain a thriving community spirit in Broadwater.
You will be doing the accounting work from home. So you will need access to a computer and broadband.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You should be available to attend our Board meetings which are held every third Thursday of the month from 7.15-9.15pm There is considerable flexibility to enable you to fit the accounting work around your other commitments.|
Where does this role take place?
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities