Do you have some finance, accounting or bookkeeping experience? Perhaps you're working towards your qualifications and are looking for more experience? Or maybe you're retired and would like to get involved in a community organisation? If so, then this role could be for you.
MenWalkTalk is a new charity which aims to improve men's mental and physical health by getting them involved in a local walking group. The stigma around Men’s mental health needs to be broken. We aim to reduce social isolation for men and provide signposting to specialist support for those who may be experiencing mental health problems. Currently our volunteers have mental health awareness training as a minimum and their aims are to discuss mental health within their walking groups, in a caring, supportive, and non-judgemental manner.
We are looking to appoint a new Trustee Treasurer to join the board of Trustees. Your role will be to:
- Maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs and ensure its financial viability.
- Keep up to date financial records and making sure correct procedures are maintained.
Our board meets monthly as the charity is newly developing and will meet frequently if needed.
Our finances are straightforward so you don't need to be an accountant to do this role.
You should have some finance experience. We welcome people who are working towards an accounting or bookkeeping qualification and would like some experience for their CV.
We are also looking for someone who is passionate about men’s mental health and will subscribe to MenWalkTalk mission, vision and values.
- This is a great opportunity to get involved in your local community and meet new people.
- It is also a good way of getting experience for your CV if that interests you.
- You will be helping make a difference to men's mental health.
You will be doing the accounting work from home. So you will need access to a computer and broadband.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The Board meets once a month. There is considerable flexibility to enable you to fit the accounting work around your other commitments.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities