Livestock (Mothers Uncovered/Soulfood)
Are you looking to make a real difference to a local community charily? Do you have good bookkeeping or finance skills and could give approximately one - three hours a month?
Livestock is a charity that works within the community, running arts groups, events and performances to support, educate and entertain.
The main project is Mothers Uncovered which is a creative support network for (mostly new) mothers. It is to provide a support service to mothers through workshops and arts projects. We give women the chance to talk openly and honestly about their feelings and experiences, without fear of judgement. It is also to give women the chance to celebrate and mark this point in their lives.
The charity also presents SoulFood - community food workshops. SoulFood runs events in schools, food banks and community centres to get participants excited about food and feeling confident in sharing food skills and ideas.
Lastly, our thespians present events and mothers uncorked which is immersive, improvised shows dealing with social issues.
We are looking for a treasurer to support us in helping us to run the charity better and to share in shaping the next steps and future of Livestock ideally to:
- Prepare the budget, the monthly management accounts and the annual financial statement and present them to the Board
- Ensure proper accounting records are kept
- Advise the Board on financial issues
- Liaise with the Independent Examiner regarding the annual accounts.
Our finances are straightforward so you don't need to be an accountant to do this role.
You should have some finance experience. We welcome people who are working towards an accounting or bookkeeping qualification and would like some experience for their CV.
We work on Xero, so a willingness to learn or already have knowlegde this programme is required.
- Be involved in a growing local charity
- Have opportunities to learn and develop, or practice existing skills
- All expenses paid
- Contribute to the future of this organisation.
Our board meets once a quarter usually on a Tuesday evening so attendance would be required.
This role is remote and therefore good IT skills and own equipment would be required.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Our board meets once a quarter usually on a Tuesday evening so attendance would be required. Additionally regular monthly meeting with the director would also be required.|
- Fundraising and Finance
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities