Treasurer for charity and their charity shop
- Maintain accurate accounting records.
- Make sure adequate financial controls are in place and complied with.
- Prepare and present regular financial reports to the branch committee.
- Prepare the annual accounts.
Basic IT skills.
You do not need to be a qualified accountant, although basic bookkeeping knowledge will be needed.
As we have a shop, a greater knowledge and experience of keeping accounting records for a business and an understanding of basic financial controls would be ideal.
- The fulfilment that comes from providing vital support to volunteers who listen to people in need.
- Developing skills.
- Meeting new people and being part of a team.
This is mainly working from home. Also visits to the branch to collect documents etc. and attend meetings.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The existing treasurer has agreed to stay on to help the changeover, but the applicant can start as soon as convenient to them.|
Limited at present.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
In addition to support from the previous treasurer there are lots of guidance manuals.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities