Fun In Action For Children
We are a small charity in Brighton & Hove and need a Treasurer to help with the following activities:
- Oversee our accounting systems, ensuring that appropriate financial systems, records and controls are in place;
- Present regular reports on the charity’s financial position, and future forecasts, to the Trustees;
- Advise on the financial implications of strategic decisions;
- Liaising with designated staff, to help prepare accounts for audit and fostering a positive working relationship with our accountants.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has a financial background. An ability to work and communicate as part of a small team is essential.
Previous experience as a Trustee or Treasurer would be helpful, but not essential.
Enormous personal reward and satisfaction in seeing these children's social skills and life chances improve within our community.
Adds power to your CV and life experiences.
Have fun with a great team, do something positive in today's world and make real and measurable difference.
The minimum commitment our trustees give is to attend 4 meetings per year (we generally meet 5 times per year) and to give approximately 1 hour of “working” time per week. By “working” time we mean: time spent on the activities above; preparing for meetings or networking; talking to our staff and volunteers; or doing tasks to help us deliver projects and events or to raise awareness of our work.
We would ask our Treasurer to commit to some additional time to help us prepare for year-end reporting.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Our Trustee meetings are usually on a Monday, late afternoon into early evening.|
Where does this role take place?
221 Preston Road
- Fundraising and Finance
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer