Treasurer (Trustee member)
St Ann's Well Gardens
• To be responsible for all Friends of St Ann’s Well Gardens (FOSAWG) finances by ensuring adequate accounts and records exist.
• To prepare end-of-year accounts and present to the FOSAWG Trustees and the AGM.
• To ensure that all funds are used appropriately and banked promptly.
• To pay invoices promptly by cheque or electronic banking.
• To maintain up-to-date records of all transactions and records of income and expenditure.
• To file Gift Aid claims with HMRC.
• To take part in the collective decision-making of the Trustees.
• Have a financial background and good knowledge of managing and producing accounts.
• Have a knowledge of using and producing accounting spreadsheets or other accounting systems.
• To have an interest in parks and open spaces.
• To live within easy distance of St Ann’s Well Gardens and preferably be a user of the Gardens.
Participating in a lively & committed group of Trustees.
Using your skills and expertise to benefit the local community.
Helping to shape the future of a historic park.
Attendance at FOSAWG Trustees meetings 5 or 6 times a year (usually held at the Garden Café, St Ann's Well Gardens on a Thursday morning for about an hour); and ongoing budget and financial responsibilities. Financial activity will be based on activities - some months there may be very little financial activity and others will be busier (eg at the time of the Spring Festival in May).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The Trustees meet 5-6 times a year, usually for an hour or so on a Thursday morning. The Treasurer's other duties are home-based.|
Where does this role take place?
St Anns Well Gardens
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Approved expenses, plus coffee/tea!
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer