BMECP (Black and Minority Ethnic Community Partnership)
BMECP is a multipurpose organisation providing infrastructure support to diverse BAME community groups and organisations, as well as providing key specialist services to the BAME communities, individuals and their families, including refugees and asylum seeker communities.
Our day to day operations are carried out by a small team of staff and volunteers, and its governance by a Board of Trustees representing BAME communities.
BMECP is seeking to recruit trustees with the appropriate skills and knowledge to add to the breadth of expertise on the Board of Trustees.
In addition to statutory duties, responsibilities will include:
- Working with other Trustees, staff and volunteers to deliver on our mission, and values.
- Attending and preparing for Trustee meetings.
- Participating actively in meetings and decision making, using your skills, knowledge and experience to advise, and help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions.
- Contributing actively to set policy and strategic direction.
- Supporting the development of the organisation through participation in agreed projects/activities.
- Actively representing and promoting the organisation.
We are recruiting for this role despite the COVID-19 emergency because it's important for our future. We would really like to hear from you if you're interested, even if it may not be practical for us to meet in person for some time. We could talk by phone or video link initially so you can find out more about the role and if it might be right for you.
The specific skill and knowledge areas that we are looking for include the following:
- Funding and fundraising.
- Financial procedures and systems.
- Quality assurance.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Marketing, publicity and PR.
- IT skills and social media.
- Developing strategic plans, (based upon mission and values), and business plans.
No experience of Trusteeship is necessary. Additional skills we are looking for include:
- Experience of successfully dealing with strategic issues, sound judgement, and ability to handle competing priorities.
- Experience of, or an understanding of the charity sector, to include best practices, relevant laws, statutory requirements and Charity law.
- Capable of networking in support of BMECP objectives.
- Capable of writing reports to support the activities of the organisation and the C.O.
- Opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise in making a difference within the BAME communities of Brighton, supporting those facing great disadvantage and social isolation.
- For personal and/or career development.
- Opportunity to develop board level experience and skills in governance.
- You will mainly be working from home.
- Able to commit to the time required.
- Expenses incurred while carrying out Trustee duties will be reimbursed.
- DBS check will be required.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You will be required to attend 4 meetings annually, , plus sub-committee meetings, preparation, and work as appropriate. (At this time due to the Covid-19 crisis the Board of Trustees are meeting more frequently.)|
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Out of pocket expenses incurred while discharging the duties of a BMECP Trustee will be reimbursed.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities