Are you looking to get involved in a local charity which makes a positive difference to people's lives? Are you able to offer practical support with running the charity? Then this role could be for you?
Cycall is a small, local charity which enables disabled children and adults, or people with a health issue, the chance to experience cycling using adapted bicycles. Participants can cycle with a friend, a carer or family member. The aim is to improve the confidence, health and well-being of all involved.
We started in 2018 as an informal community group providing the cycling activity on Worthing promenade. Everyone involved is a volunteer. Unfortunately we haven't been able to offer any cycling this year due to the COVID lockdown. We are currently planning to start recruiting volunteers again in the autumn, ready to restart the cycling activities in the spring. When we do get going again we will be running sessions in Brooklands Park and Lancing Beach Green. We aim to offer more people the opportunity to cycle in future - while always remaining a small, local community organisation run by volunteers.
In April 2020 we became a Charitable Incorporation Organisation and currently have four trustees. We are now looking for two more people to join the board as trustees.
As we don't have any staff, we are looking for trustees who are happy to get stuck in with some of the work that needs doing to run our organisation effectively, as well as attend board meetings.
Your role will be to:
- Attend the board meetings.
- Participate in the discussions and decisions about how to develop the charity.
- Oversee the charity's activities - ensuring resources are being used appropriately and the charity is complying with all legal and regulatory obligations.
- Take a lead in a particular aspect of the charity's operation and development (linked to your particular skills and interests).
You don't need to have been a trustee before. We welcome people from all backgrounds. Diversity is really important to us.
We are looking for people who have skills which could help us run our organisation better e.g. social media, communications, fundraising, leadership and management, administration. And we are really keen to hear from people who want to do more than just turn up for a board meeting.
Of course, it would be great if you enjoy cycling yourself. But that's not essential to being a good trustee of our charity. What's more important is that you support our commitment to enabling disabled people to live more rewarding and healthy lives.
- You will be making a positive difference to the lives of local people living with a disability or poor health.
- You will have the chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- This is a good opportunity for you to gain new experience and skills to help your CV, if that interests you.
The board meets in Worthing.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a flexible role which can be shaped around your interests and availability. Although we would of course expect you to attend our board meetings.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur and Worthing
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities