Old Boat Corner Community Association
Are you thinking about becoming a Trustee? This is an opportunity to gain experience of Trusteeship. Do you have a passion for making a difference locally?
The Old Boat Corner Community Centre is a well-loved community space in Hollingbury providing space, facilities, and activities for local residents, a community resource that includes a community cafe, a garden, a play cafe, and also houses Hollingbury Library. We have been providing emergency food bags as one of the City's 'community hubs' and will continue to do so as long as needed.
We are currently looking for trustees to join us to help secure the future of the community centre, so it can continue to be a resource for the local community. The Centre has been closed during 'lock-down' and we want to have a strong team in place to manage the road to re-opening.
What will I do as a trustee?
- Help us in shaping the future of the centre.
- Help in ensuring we have the resources to implement this.
You do not need trustee experience. We are looking for people who are passionate about providing a community resource.
If you have any of the following skills, that would be a bonus:
- Business planning.
- Operational Support.
- PR and communications.
- Financial planning,
- Knowledge of energy efficiency in buildings.
- Community Engagement.
- As a trustee, you have the opportunity to support, and make a difference in the local community.
- Opportunity to develop your skills set and boost your CV.
- Being a trustee can be a really rewarding experience whatever your age or background.
- Able to attend monthly meetings of the Board at the Centre in Hollingbury.
- Expenses are paid.
- Deadline for expressions of interest is 5pm Friday 2nd October.
- Induction and support.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Board meetings are monthly.|
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities