Trustee - Deputy Treasurer
Money Advice Plus
We are looking for a new Trustee to take the role of Deputy Treasurer to support our current treasurer with a view to becoming treasurer in the future. This role is for someone who is organised and methodical, with an eye for detail. They will support the treasurer in their role in anticipation of eventually taking over. The Deputy Treasurer, as a member of the Board of Trustees, will also participate fully in board meetings and play an important part in the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Regularly attend Board meetings (currently every 2 months)
- Be confident about our purpose and work and be an ambassador for Money Advice Plus
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties, including attending the bimonthly board meetings and finance subgroup meetings
- Ability to take decisions for the good of the organisation
- Willingness to speak one's mind and listen to the views of other
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a Trustee
- Commitment to the organisation for a 3-year period
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
Fulfil the legal requirements of a trustee
Becoming a Trustee is a fascinating way to engage in the charity sector. It’s a role which will give back just as much as you put in and often much, much more.
A Trustee role will reward the ambitious with a wealth of personal and professional skills which can be valuable for both work and personal life.
It will empower you with a new sense of contribution in the pursuit of a wider purpose. This Trustee will contribute to the organisation's vison: where people have the advice and support, they need to manage their money effectively, helping them to maintain control of their lives, promoting greater peace of mind.
Currently meetings are held on line., although we may return to in person in the near future. You would need to be able to log in to an online meeting in a confidential space.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Available for quarterly sub group meetings, board meetings every 2 months and other planned meetings if necessary|
Where does this role take place?
Tisbury Road Offices, Hove Town Hall
- Advice and Information
We are on the 1st floor and the office is not accessible to those who could not use stairs(with help) or transfer to an evac chair in the event of an emergency evacuation
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities