Trustee for Komedia Productions
We are currently looking for new trustees to sit on the board of Komedia Productions, both as a trustee and roles as secretary and treasurer.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of Komedia Productions, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the memorandum and articles of association
Each trustee has a commitment to developing arts opportunities for the benefit of the community.
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Give enough time, thought and energy to your role, for example by preparing for, attending and actively participating in all trustees’ meetings
- Ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Approve major actions of the organisation, such as capital expenditure on all items over authorised limits and major changes in activities and services.
Main Skills & Expereince:
- Share a commitment to developing arts opportunities for the benefit of the community
- Bring enthusiasm, ideas & connections
Individual roles include:
- Presenting financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position
- Advising the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities
- Liaising with professional advisors
- Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts
- Responsibility for ensuring financial duties are undertaken, such as book-keeping, budgeting and preparation of reports (with support).
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to charitable organisations
- Good financial analyisis skills
- Responsibility for ensuring agenda for meetings are set and circulated prior to meeting and minutes of trustee meetings are taken
- Ensure legal filings are undertaken e.g. for Companies House
- Good communication skills - written & verbal
- Helping to develop the work that Komedia Productions already does giving young people & families from disadvantaged backgrounds opportunities to see and take part in the arts
- In-house training offered for trustee roles
- Develop skills and experience
Most meetings will take place in central Brighton with easy access ti bus routes, parking and trains
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
44-47 Gardner Street
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Anyone aged 18+
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer