Trustee for small Youth Mentoring CIC
Pick Your Own
PYO provides a bespoke package of coaching, mentoring and befriending, offering neutral, non-clinical provision as an alternative to more formal support that many young people and families find doesn’t work for them and isn't easily available. It supports quieter young people who are less visible and not being noticed through more outward behaviour but who are, nevertheless, vulnerable and at risk of social exclusion and poor emotional health and wellbeing without sensitive, personalized intervention. PYO works collaboratively with young people supporting their best hopes.
PYO supports young people at their chosen space and pace, with person-centred, strengths-based support.
As a member of the Board you are required to attend 4-6 meetings a year. An interest and time availability to support Elizabeth with networking, fundraising and approaching the corporate community around CSR and partnership is desired.
See website for more information: https://www.pickyourownbrighton.co
It is preferable that you have experience with and understanding of local young people's services; education, mental health and wellbeing and essential that your outlook chimes with the ethos of Pick Your Own, it's approach and desired outcomes.
You will need both skills and experience in fundraising, corporate social responsibility and financial sustainability. You will need time and motivation to champion the company, network and support it's development.
- Opportunity to contribute your skills and experience to supporting direct community based work with young people.
- Opportunity to help shape and develop a young organisation.
- Opportunity to be a part of a company with a high level of positive feedback and efficacy.
Meetings will largely be virtual but with regular opportunities for face to face connection.
Other trustees are based in Brighton & Hove.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Variable availablity is fine but regular and consistent is required|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- Fitness and Sport
- Learning Disabilities
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Wildlife and Animals
- Young People
- Advice and Information
- One-off Activity
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities