Trustee - fundraising
Sussex MS Centre
Are you an experienced charity fundraiser? Do you have about one day a month available to help a small charity make an even bigger difference to people living with MS? Then this role could be for you.
The Sussex MS Centre provides oxygen therapy and other therapies such as acupuncture, reflexology, shiatsu, osteopathy and physiotherapy, group classes such as yoga, pilates and keep fit to help people with multiple sclerosis meet the challenges of living with a long term condition. We are a small charity with a big impact. We get no government money and raise over £100,000 a year to run our services.
We are at an important stage of our development. During this current Pandemic we are striving to re-establish our services in a safe and timely manner. Our focus will then be to reach out to new members, particularly those newly diagnosed with MS. In the near future we hope to return to our exciting plans to expand and build a new Centre, as we are rapidly outgrowing our current space and our popularity increases.
Fundraising is hugely important in raising the vital funds that enable us to open our doors each day here at the Centre. Sussex MS Centre receives no funding from statutory bodies, and so we rely on the donations of members, charitable trusts, grant bodies, funds raised by community groups or corporate businesses, and of course the support of individuals taking on sponsored events and challenges for the Centre. Each year the Centre organises a series of fundraising events.
We are now looking for a new trustee who can bring fundraising experience to our board. Your role will be to maintain an overview of Sussex MS Centre’s fundraising activities and ensuring that our Board receives sufficient information on which to base its decisions about the direction of its fundraising strategy.
Your responsibilities will be :
- to support the Development Manager ensuring there is the right breadth and depth of fundraising given staff capacity
- to support the Support Officer ensuring community fundraising has realistic goals in place
- to support staff with the development of Corporate fundraising and legacy giving
- to ensure fundraising is carried out in a legal, honest and accountable way
- to support and update our fundraising strategy.
You will play a significant role in our aim to continue to be an exceptionally well-run and sustainable organisation so that we can make the greatest practical impact for people managing their lives with MS. Trustees volunteer their time and skills to support and shape the strategic direction of the Centre. It’s an opportunity to make a significant contribution to our work and future.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A sound understanding, knowledge and experience of charity fundraising at strategic and operational levels.
- A positive go-get attitude and imagination to help the generation of ideas around fundraising.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The estimated time commitment is 10-12 days a year much of which can be done from home. Trustees attend six Board meetings a year and have meetings outside of these times with staff.|
Where does this role take place?
Southwick Recreation Ground
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities