Trustee - fundraising
MenWalkTalk is a charity which aims to improve mental health in men by engaging them in a walking group. We are aiming to provide volunteer-led walking groups in every county.
The stigma around Men’s mental health needs to be broken. MenWalkTalk reduces social isolation for men and signposts those experiencing mental health problems to specialist support.
The charity is overseen by a board of trustees which meets monthly.
We are now looking for someone to join the board of trustees as our lead trustee for fundraising.
This is a hands-on role. In addition to the general duties of a trustee, your role as the fundraising lead will be to:
- Create a fundraising strategy and implementation plan.
- Produce funding proposals, applications, and fundraising materials.
- Liaising with staff and/or volunteers to plan, promote fundraising events.
- Create robust processes and appropriate policies for fundraising and donations.
- Ensure the charity is compliant with all fundraising standards and legislation.
- Provide accurate records of donations/funds to treasurer and trustees, following data protection and confidentiality.
- Prepare and present fundraising reports to the board.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place for the charity’s approach to working with third parties, commercial partners, and volunteers for the delivery of fundraising.
- Ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity.
- Monitor fundraising activity and ensure it is consistent with the charities policies and legal responsibilities.
- Ensure that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies.
- If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented.
The position of the trustee is voluntary for a three-year appointment. MenWalkTalk encourages applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds, who will bring their ideas to develop our growing charity. Most importantly we are looking for someone who is passionate for men’s mental health and will subscribe to MenWalkTalk mission, vision and values.
We are looking for someone who has experience of charity fundraising and is interested in a hands on role.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is a lot of flexibility to fit this role around your other commitments. You should have at least 10 hours a month to offer.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities