Trustee - to act as company secretary
Money Advice Plus
We are looking for a new Trustee to act as Company Secretary. This role is for someone who is organised and methodical, with an eye for detail. They will take minutes at Subgroups and Board meetings and be responsible for the completion of the official returns to Companies House. This Trustee will also participate fully in Board meetings and play an important part in the strategic direction of the organisation
We need someone who has excellent written skills and who can produce concise and relevant minutes of meetings, as well as dealing with official board correspondence. The role is also responsible for ensuring the Board of Trustees complies with the relevant charity and company regulations so must have an awareness of these, or the ability to learn. An understanding of the charitable and voluntary sector and its governance will be an advantage, as well as an empathy for the aims and objectives of Money Advice Plus.
- Regularly attend Board meetings (currently every 2 months)
- Be confident about our purpose and work and be an ambassador for Money Advice Plus
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as Trustee – Company Secretary. Subgroups are held quarterly and there are 5 subgroups meetings each quarter. Meetings are up to 1 ½ hours each.
- Ability to take decisions for the good of the organisation
- Willingness to speak one's mind and listen to the views of other
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a Trustee
- Commitment to the organisation for a 3-year period.
You would also need to be willing to follow the requirements of a trustee of Money Advice Plus which can be found in the role description on our website https://www.moneyadviceplus.org.uk/meet-the-team
The role of Company Secretary is an excellent steppingstone for anyone who has ambitions to progress in governance in the charity and voluntary Sector. An experienced Company Secretary is an asset for any organisation and is a useful way to prepare for other roles - either paid or voluntary - within the sector.
This Trustee will also contribute to the organisation's vison: where people have the advice and support, they need to manage their money effectively, helping them to maintain control of their lives, promoting greater peace of mind.
We are still using online meetings (Microsoft TEAMS), so you would need to be able to log-in using a pc or tablet in a confidential space.
We may return to in person meetings in the near future. However, we would continue with online meetings for those who are not able to come to the office or who could not use the stairs (with help) or transfer to an evacuation chair.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||for pre planned times throughout the year|
- Advice and Information
but our office is not accessible if you cannot use stairs or transfer to an evac chair in and emergency evacuation
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities