Together in Sussex
Together in Sussex is looking for a Trustee Treasurer who can help manage the financial administration of this small charity working across East and West Sussex to develop church and community initiatives to help those in need. The trustees meet 5-6 times per year to discuss the operation and delivery of our work and to receive reports from our development worker. Payroll is managed by a third party supplier and the Treasurer is responsible for paying bills which are mostly the salary of the development worker and expenses. The charity has recently engaged the services of a fundraising consultant and this is a key relationship for the treasurer.
Financial management, ability to think strategically, understanding of the world of social services, affinity with the values of church and the place that churches can play in contributing to community life and cohesion.
- Contributing to the common good in society
- Providing services which make a genuine difference to the lives of deprived individuals and families
- Engagement with local social services and politicians for the betterment of society.
Trustee meetings are usually held in Hove with free parking and can be arranged at times to suit all trustees.
Understanding or involvement in a local church would be an advantage.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Trustee meetings up to six times per year for 2-3 hours|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Community Food
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer