Trustee - with care experience
Crossroads Care East Sussex Brighton & Hove
Do you have experience of being an unpaid carer? Do you have professional or management skills? Would you like to contribute your skills to a charity that makes a huge difference to the lives of unpaid carers? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
Crossroads Care East Sussex Brighton & Hove has been providing vital respite breaks to unpaid carers for 10 years. Our core purpose is to improve the quality of life of unpaid carers and the people for whom they care, to maintain and improve their physical and mental well-being.
The proportion of older people and people of all ages with long-term health problems and disabilities is growing. Dealing with such problems results in it being essential for us to cooperate increasingly with the NHS, and with several local organisation, to help people to stay at home as most of them would wish, in preference to having to go into hospital or residential care.
Our relationships with carers is crucial to our success. We are looking for a trustee who will take the lead on ensuring that our relationships with our clients - people who typically spend a substantial proportion of their lives as carers for a relative or friend - are on a sound basis from the perspective of the carers themselves and the people they care for.
Your role, as a member of the board, will include:
- Contributing actively to setting policy and strategic direction.
- Preparing for attending regularly and taking a full part in meetings.
- Ensuring that our service complies with our governing document, and with prescribed national standards.
- Monitoring the financial position of the company and ensuring that it operates within its means, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- Supporting the development of Crossroads Care through participation in agreed projects.
- Actively seeking to further the company's strategic aims and objectives and always acting in its best interests.
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch for an informal discussion. The deadline for registering your interest is 30th September 2020.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has significant current experience of being an unpaid carer - quite probably of a relative or friend.
- Has substantial past and/or current experience in management, professional, and/or supervisory roles. The exact nature of such experience is not crucial and it could be in the public, private or voluntary sectors.
- Using your skills and experience to make a difference to the lives of local carers and the people they care for.
- Meet new people and expand your networks.
- Gain board experience if that is of interest to you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Trustees attend about 15 meetings a year - including the formal board meetings.|
Where does this role take place?
Brighton and Hove
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Ideally we are looking for someone who is, or has been, a formal or informal carer.
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities