Emmaus Brighton & Hove
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the charity and ensure the proper investment of the charity.
We are specifically looking for trustees to volunteer their experience in the following areas:
- Marketing & Comm
We are particularly looking for trustees with charity experience and specifically looking to develop the diversity on our Board in terms of age, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, etc. We would also like to receive interest from people with personal lived experience of homelessness.
- Develop understanding of homelessness.
- Reduce homelessness in the city.
- Develop the sustainability of our charity.
Accessible venue. Parking on site. On 1/1A bus route.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Employment, Education and Training
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Emmaus Brighton is aiming to increase diversity on its Board. We would especially welcome applications from people who have personal experience of rough sleeping.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities