We are looking for three community-minded and passionate people to join ESTEEM as trustees to help take the organisation through a period of growth and change.
ESTEEM is a Sussex-based charity which involves young people and adults aged 14-26 in opportunities to develop confidence, build life-skills and improve well-being. We do this by offering access to 1:1 vocational mentoring, tailored volunteer roles, well-being support services and group activities in a safe and supportive environment.
We are passionate about supporting young people to explore and realise their potential and perhaps, now more than ever, we need to ensure our Board can provide the supportive and creative leadership for the charity.
If you would like an opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a positive way to the lives of young people in Sussex, we hope you’ll be keen to join us.
Application Deadline: 11th November
Interview: Mid November
Start date: End November.
We are looking for three enthusiastic, collaborative and experienced people who can join our Board and are particularly keen to welcome those who have the following skills to bolster our capabilities:
- Marketing, Communications and PR
- Financial services
- Youth-empowered approach.
You don't need to have been a trustee before. But you do need to have an interest in supporting young adults and enabling young people's voices to be heard.
We welcome applications from people from all walks of life and are mindful we need to be more diverse at Board level, so would particularly welcome applications from individuals from black and ethnic minority communities and those from the LGBTQ+ communities.
This an ongoing volunteering role, so you should be willing to join us with a view to serving a 3-year term.
- This is a great opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people facing disadvantage in your local area.
- You have the chance to meet new people and expand your networks.
- Becoming a trustee can be an excellent personal and professional development opportunity at any stage in your life.
If you would like an opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a positive way to the lives of young people in Sussex, we hope you’ll be keen to join us. If you would like to know more, please feel free to contact us for an informal conversation.
You can contact our co chairs: Paul Hudson, Trustee (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Rebecca Rieley, Trustee (Rebecca.email@example.com).
Please contact HR@esteem.org.uk for a full job description and person specification. You will need to send a CV and cover letter answering how you meet the person specification. Email to: HR@esteem.org.uk
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The commitment is about 8-10 hours a month on average. Deadline for applications: 11th November 2020|
Where does this role take place?
The Old School House
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Young People
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities