Adur and Worthing Trust
Interested in the arts, culture and heritage? Live in Adur or Worthing? Looking for an ongoing volunteer role where you can help revitalise the community post-pandemic? If so, read on...
Adur and Worthing Trust is a charity which promotes arts, culture and heritage in Adur and Worthing. We do this because it's good for people and the economy.
Our projects include:
- Working in partnership with Worthing Borough Council to run Colonnade House as a Creative Hub - a place for artists, makers, designers and innovators to collaborate and connect through its studios, gallery space, networking and exhibitions.
- Preparing for the planned expansion of Colonnade House into a larger space for creative, digital businesses.
- Creative Commissions 2021 - offering grants of £300-£700 to create new artwork in any form.
- Supporting the Adur & Worthing Cultural Strategy.
Adur & Worthing has many positive cultural assets - committed, talented and energised people; a solid cultural infrastructure, including the Assembly Hall, the Connaught and Pavilion Theatres, Ropetackle Arts, several artist /maker studios, Worthing Museum & Art Galleries; a variety of festivals and outside events; ultra-fast broadband; Colonnade House and a growing creative industry including film and digital, making the most of easy access to Brighton and London.
The arts, culture and heritage have always been important to the wellbeing and vibrancy of an area like ours. But COVID-19 has raised the stakes. As we emerge from the pandemic, Adur & Worthing's cultural assets will be needed as never before - to help restore wellbeing and reignite the economy. The Adur & Worthing Trust intends to play its part in unleasing their potential.
"I predict an explosion of creativity in the arts and business sectors when the pent up energy held back by the pandemic is released - a cultural and economic renaissance! We aim to be part of it!" Karen Simporis, Chair of Trustees.
The Trust is overseen by a small board of trustees (currently five people) which meets every two months in the evening.
We are now looking for two new trustees to join our small board and help us shape the Trust's role in the continued growth of the arts, culture and heritage in Adur & Worthing.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare for, and attend our board meetings.
- Contribute your skills, experience, and knowledge to the board's discussions.
- Get involved in one or more of our projects.
- Be an Ambassador for the Trust - telling other people and organisations about us.
Being a trustee is a long term commitment. We are looking for people able to join us for at least 2-3 years.
If you'd like to find out more, please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button, fill in your details and we will get in touch for an initial informal chat.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 27 March 2021.
You don't need to have been a trustee before. We are looking for people passionate about the arts, culture or heritage and and its potential to contribute to community well being and regeneration.
We are keen to diversify our board so we are particularly interested to hear from younger people, people living with a disability and people who have experienced racism.
In terms of skills and experience:
- We would ideally like to appoint one trustee with experience in the creative, digital economy.
- For the other vacancy, we are keen to talk to you if you have experience in any of the following areas:
- Project development.
- Strategy development.
- Education for all ages and levels.
- Policy analysis.
- Financial planning and analysis.
This is a wonderful opportunity to get involved in helping to revitalise our community post-pandemic.
You will have the opportunity to gain new skills, experience, knowledge and networks.
And you will be joining a friendly bunch of people!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We estimate the role will take an average of 6-8 hours a month - including the board meetings which are held every two months in the evening.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur & Worthing
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities