The Grow Project
"Grow has been life-changing for me, I've gone on to do things I never imagined I would" (Past participant)
Since 2011 Grow has been welcoming people from all over Sussex to get outdoors, reconnect with nature and improve their well-being.
We are now seeking new Trustees to strengthen our committed, dynamic and welcoming Board, and support our small charity to continue to grow and flourish.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the governance, financial health and strategic direction of Grow. They are also responsible for the integrity of its activities and for developing the organisation's aims, objectives and goals in accordance with Grow’s governing document.
You don't need necessarily to have experience of being a Trustee. We are looking for two special people with the following skills or experience:
- Someone with entrepreneurial skills, or experience of generating new sources of income, to help protect existing, or diversify, our income sources.
- Someone with marketing or PR skills to help raise the profile of the charity amongst new supporters, donors and beneficiaries, and potential partners.
- Be part of a local charity that makes a real difference to people's lives.
- Gain valuable experience of Trustee Board membership - looks great on your CV.
- This is a voluntary role and so out of pocket expenses will be paid by Grow.
The role requires a minimum term of one year, with an estimated commitment of 2 - 4 hours per month and attendance at 4 - 6 board meetings per year of 1 - 2 hours each.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Most of our Trustee Board meetings are held early evening on Mondays or Tuesdays so you would need to be available at these times|
- Mental Health
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities