Broadwater Community Association
Do you live in Broadwater? Would you like to be more involved in your local community? Do you have a couple of hours a month to spare? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
The Broadwater Community Association runs the Parish Rooms in Broadwater Street West - the hub of village life. This is where local people get together to hold community events, celebrations, children's parties, quizzes and talks. And every morning it is home to a children's nursery. In pre-covid times, the centre was busy six days a week and we have plans and funds to acquire bigger premises.
Our Association is a registered charity and is run by our board of trustees - local, community minded people who give up a little of their time to help make sure we are a well run organisation.
Sadly, a few of our long serving trustees have stood down recently. So we are looking for 2-3 new people to join us.
This is a modest commitment which will involve attending our board meetings at 7.15pm on the third Thursday of every month. While Covid restrictions apply, we are holding these meetings via Zoom.
If you think you might be interested in joining our friendly board, please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and we'll get in touch for a chat.
You don't need to have done anything like this before. We are looking for people who:
- Live in or near Broadwater, Worthing.
- Are community minded.
- Can commit to attending our board meetings.
- Are willing to take on the responsibility of being a charity trustee.
We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds.
- This is a lovely opportunity to do something positive for your local community.
- You will have the chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Being a trustee is an interesting personal and professional development opportunity, whatever stage of life you're at.
While COVID restrictions apply, the board will continue to meet using Zoom. So you will need to have access to a computer and broadband. Don't worry if you haven't used Zoom before, we can show you how.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We meet in the evening on the third Thursday of every month.|
Where does this role take place?
The Parish Rooms
90 Broadwater Street
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities