Stay Up Late (and Gig Buddies)
Stay Up Late is a small Brighton based charity that promotes full and active social lives for people with learning disabilities. We do this through:
- Campaigning nationally to change restrictive and inflexible practices in social care (that mean adults are given bedtimes!)
- Delivering our Gig Buddies project across Sussex
- Sharing our Gig Buddies model as a social franchise (we have partner projects across the UK and in Australia
As the work of the charity develops and grows we are looking for new board members to support us at the exciting time for your work.
We are particularly wanting to recruit new trustees with experience around:
- Working in corporate and business settings (to support our work in developing our Gig Buddies project as a social franchise)
- Fundraising - applying for grants, to trusts and maybe also wider experience around bequests and community fundraising
- Human resources
- Human rights, campaigning and activism
- Corporate, business and/or the entertainment world.
We would also welcome applications from people who have experience through being a family carer and also people who have been volunteers on our Gig Buddies project.
Stay Up Late has developed a national reputation for innovative and impactful work.
- You are guaranteed fun and involvement through our social events with beneficiaries and volunteers.
- Support from fellow board members.
- The opportunity to use your specific skills and experience to help shape our young charity.
Expenses will be covered (travel) but you will need to commit to at least 4 meetings per year.
These meetings tend to take place on an afternoon at our office in Portslade.
You would also be expected to attend our Annual General Meeting and occasional other adhoc meetings.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
2nd Floor, Manor Offices, Emmaus
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer