Two Trustees (voluntary)
The Museum of Ordinary People (MOOP)
MOOP’s board of trustees volunteer their time, skills and expertise to help inform the museum’s strategic direction, and ensure we operate in line with our objectives, values and mission.
Essential Qualities required (non-role specific):
- An affinity with MOOP’s progressive, ethical, representative ethos as a museum
- An appreciation of the museum’s commitment to sustainability and diversity.
Further desired experience (non-role specific):
- Experience with funding, fundraising and non-profit financial processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedication and enthusiasm for the role.
- Attend quarterly board meetings (in Brighton or via Zoom)
- Attend trustee inauguration (evening of October 20th, 2020)
- Ensure MOOP complies with its governing documents and legal requirements
- Work alongside other trustees to nurture and support the development of MOOP, acting as an advocate for the museum.
We are looking for two new members to join our existing board of trustees:
- A trustee with a legal background to oversee the development of MOOP’s status from a not-for-profit organisation into a charity. You will work alongside the management team and the board to ensure MOOP’s legal policies are regularly and rigorously updated.
- A trustee with experience working with Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities as part of a charity, non-profit or arts organisation. You will have knowledge and understanding of issues affecting ethnic minorities and advise MOOP on the development and evaluation of our anti-racist activity and diversity policy. You will recommend best practice for building upon MOOP’s work to boost the representation of Black, Asian and minority ethnic participants and audiences for the museum’s exhibitions.
- Work as part of a brilliant team of trustees to steer the direction of a new, activist museum that pushes for greater representation.
- Get involved with exciting, dynamic, emotive visual arts exhibitions
- Find fulfilment in sharing your expertise to benefit a small (but growing) non-profit where your ideas and guidance will truly make a difference,
Please note, MOOP's trustee roles are voluntary.
Trustee meetings will take place in Brighton, but trustees need not be based here.
We can pay travel expenses for attendance at these quarterly meetings.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Trustee meetings are quarterly, with plenty of notice given. We need all trustees to attend inauguration on October 20th 2020. We ask that trustees are responsive to queries from Team MOOP and ready to offer ad hoc guidance and support when needed.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
We can pay travel expenses to trustee meetings
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities