Volunteer Cafe Assistant
SVP Tower House Brighton
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of people struggling with isolation and loneliness? Do you enjoy chatting and have some time to spare on Wednesdays?
St Vincent's Brighton is a Community Support Project of the St Vincent de Paul Society, dedicated to helping vulnerable and isolated people over the age of 70 in Brighton and Hove. Based in a beautiful Edwardian Mansion, we offer a range of stimulating and interactive activities and services. We now urgently need volunteers to help on Wednesdays 11.30am-2pm.
What will I be doing?
Volunteers are needed to serve drinks and food, chat to the guests and help clean up after the guests have gone.
Simply to be friendly, kind and willing.
- Volunteering with a great team and making new friends.
- Rewarding. Helping to make a difference to someone's life.
- Fed and watered.
- Available to volunteer on Wednesdays.
- Able to get to Tower House. We are in Preston park, 5 mins from the station. Bus route 5/5a.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteer to be available Wednesdays 11.30am-2pm|
Where does this role take place?
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities