Volunteer Cafe Assistant
SVP Tower House Brighton
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of people struggling with isolation and loneliness? Do you enjoy chatting and have some time to spare on Tuesdays or Wednesdays?
St Vincent's Brighton is a Community Support Project of the St Vincent de Paul Society, dedicated to helping vulnerable and isolated people over the age of 70 in Brighton and Hove. Based in a beautiful Edwardian Mansion, we offer a range of stimulating and interactive activities and services. We now need volunteers to help on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 10.30 - 3pm in our Memory Cafe, which we run for people with dementia and those who care for them.
Good opportunity to gain skills and experience if you are thinking of a career in social care/medicine.
What will I be doing?
Volunteers are needed to serve drinks and food, chat to the guests and help clean up after the guests have gone.
Simply to be friendly, kind and willing.
Great if you have some experience of talking to people with dementia but not essential.
- Volunteering with a great team and making new friends.
- Rewarding. Helping to make a difference to someone's life.
- Fed and watered.
- Opportunity to gain experience if thinking of a career in social care/medicine.
- Available to volunteer on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
- Able to get to Tower House. We are in Preston park, 5 mins from the station. Bus route 5/5a.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteer to be available Tuesday or Wednesday between 10.30-11am until 3pm to clear up at the end of the session.|
Where does this role take place?
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities