Vaccination Steward/Person Supporter/Staff Support (Chichester)
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
We need friendly volunteers to support the National Vaccination Programme in Sussex who will be available to step up to volunteer when a vacancy arises at the Chichester Vaccination Centre.
Key Tasks (what you will be doing):
- To welcome, signpost and guide members of the public where to go for their vaccination.
- To provide extra support on a 1:1 basis if anyone needs additional support.
- Signposting and potentially accompanying members of the public who require reassurance.
- To book people in for their appointment using an iPad if comfortable doing so, and if required.
- Liaising with staff and other volunteers to ensure a smooth flow of members of the public.
- To provide tea and coffee, a friendly face and conversation to staff and volunteers.
Boundaries (what you will not be doing):
- No clinical or medical advice.
- No lifting of heavy equipment.
- No tasks outside the role description.
- No involvement in administering vaccines.
Volunteers will be added to a list of cleared and ready to go volunteers.
(Please note the work of volunteers will complement and not supplement that of paid employees of the Trust).
- You will need to be 18yrs or older.
- Able to follow UK government advice on hand hygiene.
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To be comfortable communicating while wearing a face mask.
- Able to keep good time-keeping and show regular commitment.
- Opportunity to support the roll-out of the National Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
- Working within a team - building your team working skills.
- Meeting new people and making new friends.
- Age: You must be 18 years or older to volunteer in this role.
- Able to commit to volunteering for at least one month.
- Location of this role is Chichester.
- The venue is fully accessible.
Pre-placement checks, training and support:
- You may need to undertake some specific online training.
- You will receive a local induction and orientation. This will include any training that is relevant to perform your tasks.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed - please note this may not be on the same day.
- Tea and coffee will be available.
- You will have a named person for contact.
- You will need to wear a face mask whilst volunteering.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You will be added to a list of cleared and ready to go volunteers to step into a vacancy when it arises at the vaccination centre. To commit to at least 1 month. Ideally able to keep to the same days. Volunteers are required for one or more of the following shifts: 8-12, 12-4, 4-8 Monday to Sunday.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses - please note may not be paid on the same day.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Must be 18yrs or older.
- Support on Offer