Vaccination Steward/Staff Support (Brighton)
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
We need friendly, professional volunteers to support the National Vaccination Programme in Sussex, who will be available to step up to volunteer in Central Brighton when a vacancy arises.
Key Tasks (what you will be doing):
- Meeting and greeting the general public.
- To welcome, signpost and guide members of the public where to go inside the building.
- To provide extra support on a 1:1 basis if anyone needs additional support.
- Liaising with staff and other volunteers to ensure a smooth flow of members of the public.
- To support topping up tea and coffee urns, and provide a friendly face and conversation to staff and volunteers in the break area.
Boundaries (what you will not be doing):
- No clinical advice or medical advice.
- No lifting of heavy equipment.
- No tasks outside this role description.
- No involvement in administering vaccines.
Volunteers will be added to a list of cleared and ready to go volunteers.
You will need to be able:
- To follow UK government advice on hand hygiene.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To be comfortable communicating while wearing a face mask.
- To keep good time-keeping and show regular commitment.
- Opportunity to support the roll-out of the National Covid-19 Vaccination Programme.
- Working within a team - building your team working skills.
- Meeting new people and making new friends.
Requirements of the role:
- You must be 18 years or older to volunteer in this role.
- Able to commit to at least one month.
Pre-placement checks, training and support:
- You may need to undertake some specific online training.
- You will receive a local induction and orientation. This will include any training that is relevant to perform your tasks.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Tea and coffee will be available.
- You will have a named person for contact.
- You will need to wear a face mask whilst volunteering.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteers required for one or more of the following shifts:8-12pm, 12-4pm, 4-8pm Monday to Sunday. You will be added to a list of cleared and ready to go volunteers to step up when a vacancy arises at the vaccination centre. Be able to commit to at least one month. Ideally able to keep to the same days.|
Where does this role take place?
Venue is fully accessible.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses reimbursed. Please note this may not be on the same day.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Must be 18yrs or older
- Support on Offer
Will include online training.