Van Driver's Mate
The Sussex Beacon
Our driver for The Sussex Beacon needs a mate to help collect donations for our charity shops in Brighton and deliver items that have been purchased.
You will help to collect furniture, boxes of bric-a-brac, and bags of clothing, providing an efficient and friendly collection service to our donors.
We are especially looking for support on Tuesday mornings, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The Sussex Beacon is a Brighton based charity providing support and care for people living with HIV.
Ideally you will have: -
- Good local area knowledge of Brighton and the surrounding areas.
- Good fitness levels - this is a physical role which requires lifting and loading/heavy loading (with supervision).
- A polite and friendly disposition - the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
Benefits of the Opportunity:
- A great opportunity to put your fitness and customer skills to good use.
- Excellent introduction to loading and physical work.
- Meet new people and work as part of a team.
- Help raise funds for a local charity.
- Good fitness level as some heavy lifting may be required.
- We will pay up to the cost of a Brighton City Saver Bus fare for travel expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteers need to be available between Tuesday and Friday on either mornings, afternoons or both if possible.|
Where does this role take place?
72-73 London Road
- Health and Social Care
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
Training will be given by Store Manager and Van Driver.