Van Driver's Mate
Guild Care runs a free furniture collection service throughout Worthing and its surrounding areas for larger donation items.
‘Driver’s Mate’ volunteers help our collection drivers with the handling of furniture, loading and unloading vans, and other general assistance. The volunteer will not need to drive.
- Accompany the team’s driver to collect donated furniture from the public
- Accompany the team’s driver to deliver purchased furniture to the public
- Work with the team to deliver and move furniture between our network of charity shops
- Keep records and complete paperwork, as directed
- Help to keep the project office, warehouse area and van(s) clean, tidy and safe
Have a friendly manner and enjoy meeting new people.
- Being part of a team that helps support elderly people and people with learning disabilities improve their lives across the Worthing area
- Meeting new people and being the face of Guild Care
- Volunteering hours to suit your life.
Given the physical nature of the role, we are looking for people aged 18+ who are fit and able to lift furniture safely and within our guidelines.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Monday to Friday 08.30 - 16.00 Hours to suit your life|
Where does this role take place?
- Health and Social Care
- Practical Skills
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities