Activities & Events Volunteer - Communities in Mind (older adults)
West Sussex Mind
We are looking for volunteers to join our older people's service. The Communities in Mind team supports older adults (65 plus) in the Bognor and Chichester areas with their mental well-being
Activities & Events Volunteer (6-month minimum commitment)
To assist and support staff to deliver a variety of activities to enhance the experience of service users. To help at events and engage with the public to raise awareness about mental health.
Activities & Events Volunteer (6-month minimum commitment) - Skills needed: Good communication skills, the ability to carry out some gentle lifting and moving tasks, such as moving chairs and tables. A positive attitude, enthusiasm, patience and understanding.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of mental health issues.
- In-house training provided
- Reasonable travel expenses paid
- Learning new skills.
- Please state hours that you can volunteer when you apply.
- Some remote working required for some roles.
- 6 month minimum commitment is required for all roles.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are recruiting for volunteers for immediate start. Please provide details of when you could start when applying. Bognor – Tuesday 12.30 to 3.30pm, Chichester – Wednesday 12.30 to 3.30pm|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities