Vibrant Community Organisation Seeks Committed Volunteer Chairperson!
Worthing Community Chest
Appointment of New Chair for Worthing Community Chest
Worthing Community Chest is an independent, registered charity which funds and supports local projects, activities and events. We do this by building partnerships, assisting with community development and offering financial support with small grants raised through our Worthing based recycling programme.
We are seeking a committed, local Chairperson. Join our friendly and experienced Board of Trustees and help us support the wonderful voluntary groups and community organisations working so hard for the benefit of our town and its residents.
- demonstrate an active commitment to community matters
- strong communication skills in a wide range of settings
- experienced in establishing relationships between the community and external stakeholders
- acting as spokesperson and figurehead when needed
- experience in planning and chairing committee meetings
- having an understanding of financial matters
- some experience in supporting staff and volunteers
- a passion for our town!
- The opportunity to make a valuable contribution to an vibrant, active organisation which is totally committed to supporting our local community. A wonderful way to get into the heart of Worthing!
- Use your expertise and learn something new, extend your local network and meet some great people; we offer something for everyone to get their teeth into; our activities range from community films, group cheque presentations and Waggle dances, to hosting lively AGMs, recycling pop ups and appraisal panels!
- Help us develop our vision and our remit, take us into 2021 (our 20th birthday year!) and beyond.
Like our other Trustees, the position of Chair is voluntary so hours are flexible. The Chair will be asked to host six Board meetings and one AGM every year. We are fortunate to have a supportive, experienced and active Board of Trustees. We have two working groups consisting of members of our Board, and they also play a role in supporting our funded groups with advice and guidance.
We are very involved with many projects within the community through our funded groups, other organisations and events, and our recycling pop up collections. The incoming Chair will have the opportunity to maintain those relationships and create new ones.
Our office is based in Worthing Town Hall and we have one paid, part time member of staff. Parking is available after 4pm in the Assembly Rooms car park, and there is street parking on the surrounding roads.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Initial informal discussion by telephone with further interviews to take place in the first two weeks of April either in person or remotely.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities