Virtual Outreach Lead Volunteer
Macmillan Horizon Centre
Are you a person with great organisational skills and IT know how? Join us and help us to recruit and train volunteers (remotely) who will support people with a cancer diagnosis to access online groups and activities currently run from the Macmillan Horizon Centre. Together, we can be right there for people with cancer in Sussex.
- Supporting (remotely) the recruitment of volunteers to a range of virtual Information & Support posts based around Worthing, Chichester, Hastings, Haywards Heath, Eastbourne and East Grinstead.
- Working with Hospital staff, Macmillan staff and Macmillan Partners to agree the content and provide technical support for some of the online sessions.
- Liaising with Macmillan Information & Support volunteers to agree schedules and have insight and knowledge of local activities.
- Updating your named Macmillan contact on progress.
There is potential in the future to lead local groups of volunteers.
We want to help everyone with cancer find their best way through, from the moment of diagnosis, so they’re able to
live life as fully as they can. You can be someone who makes that happen. Whether it’s minutes or months, hours or
days, the time you give by volunteering with Macmillan really does matter.
Preferred qualities and skills:
- Empathy and ability to relate and respond well to people.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Technical know how and abillity to learn MS Teams.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you.
- Use and develop your technical, communication and customer service skills, enhancing your CV.
- Have a rewarding experience making a different to people affected by cancer in your community.
- Receive team induction, relevant training, agreed out of pocket expenses reimbursed within Macmillan
We’re looking for someone who can ideally give 4 hours a week, for six months or more.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
2 Bristol Gate
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities