Are you a whizz with Zoom? Do you enjoy connecting with people online? Would you like to use your skills to enable disabled people to feel less isolated in these difficult COVID times. If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Leonard Cheshire is a charity that supports disabled people to feel respected, valued and safe, choose where and how they live, and participate freely in social and leisure activities.
Fethneys, in Worthing, is one of the many services we run in across the UK. It is a residential home for ten adults with severe physical disabilities and acquired brain injuries.
The people who live at Fethneys are supported to be independent, healthy and active. There’s something for everyone and our great team of staff and volunteers run individual and group activities, including independent living training.
Like everyone else, we are having to do more activities online as COVID restrictions have made it harder to safely organise face-to-face activities. So we are now looking for a volunteer who knows how to use technology to help residents reduce isolation and stay connected.
You role will be to arrange regular activities with residents, with support from staff and our Lead Volunteer. You will:
- Take part in video calls with residents either one to one or in a group.
- Facilitate discussions and coffee morning groups.
- Lead a wide range of online activities e.g. bingo, quizzes, arts and crafts, karaoke.
- Help our staff and volunteers make more use of technology in their interactions with residents.
You will be doing this role from home with optional occasional visits to the home to meet residents, staff and volunteers when COVID restrictions allow.
This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using a range of devices, and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected and reduce isolation.
- This is a lovely opportunity to make a positive difference to the well being of people living with severe disabilities - particularly during these difficult times.
- You will meet new people and have the chance to make new friends.
- It can be huge fun!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Flexible, depending on the requirements of services and your availablity. As a minimum we ask you to volunteer for at least 4 hours a month. We also need you to be able to commit to do this role for at least 3 months.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities