Visitor Meet and Greet - at our Worthing care homes
If you have enthusiasm, energy, and the ability to make visitors feel welcome, this could be the perfect volunteering role for you.
Visiting is crucially important for the health, wellbeing and quality of life for residents in our care homes. And having to severely restrict visiting, has been one of the toughest things to deal with during the pandemic. However, following the introduction of new government guidance, we are now able to facilitate more visitors to our homes which will be wonderful for our residents and their families.
We are looking for volunteers to help us make this happen. The role will involve:
- Coordinating and booking relatives' visits.
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Supervising COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device (nose and throat swab) testing - full training will be provided.
You will be doing a lot of walking around the home’s buildings, so this role will suit active people.
Full training and PPE are provided.
The two homes where we need volunteers are:
Caer Gwent - an elegant care home set in a quiet residential area of Worthing, which combines residential living with 24-hour nursing care, supporting individuals with complex health conditions, particularly focusing on palliative care.
Linfield House - a residential and nursing care home that includes an 11-bed dementia suite.
- An ability to work as part of a team &/or on your own.
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Basic administration skills, knowledge of using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Understanding of the paramount importance of confidentiality.
You will be making a really important contribution to enabling visiting again. And this is so important to the wellbeing of our residents and their families.
You will also have the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people.
There is a good amount of free parking outside the homes.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are happy to work flexibly with you around your availability.|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities