Voluntary Meet and Greeter
Main purpose of the voluntary role - To provide efficient meet and greet service, acknowledging the sensitivity and confidentiality required as the first point of contact for Relate clients.
- Be present in the counselling venue premises at all times when the counselling is taking place.
- Welcome clients arriving for appointments in a friendly and approachable manner and ensure they depart following completion of the session.
- Always deal with clients in a confidential, sympathetic and professional manner with a focus on customer care.
- When required supply the appropriate documentation and forms to clients for them to complete and sign as appropriate. Ensure forms are kept secure until passed to the counsellor.
- Liaise with counsellors regarding queries about appointments.
- Know who is on the premises at all times and their locations.
- Contribute to the good housekeeping of the premises.
- General administration such as photocopying and filing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work efficiently on own but also a team player.
- Reliable and punctual.
- A flexible and positive approach.
- Ability to be self motivated and work with minimum direct supervision.
- Experience of working/volunteering with a charity
- Experience of working/volunteering with people in distress
- Support the community and those at difficult times in their lives.
- Great experience for those considering a counselling or caring career.
- Reasonable paid travel expenses, on discussion.
Buses 5 5A 5B and 52 pass.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We run a rota system and any help you can give, however small, would be greatly appreciated. We also look to our bank volunteers to support us with any holiday or sickness cover.|
Where does this role take place?
58 Preston Road
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Administration and Office
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer