VOLUNTEER ADMIN OFFICER
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To attend quarterly Trustee meetings in order to take and distribute minutes.
- To keep the digital filing system (Dropbox) updated and orderly.
- To support the Trustees and Lead Studio Facilitator with a range of admin tasks; correspondence, compiling lists of funders, updating spreadsheets, etc.
- To monitor the charity email inbox and respond and forward accordingly.
- To format and email / post out our quarterly Newsletter (which is written by studio facilitators).
- To assist with the construction of funding bids, with support from other volunteers.
- To assist the Trustees with putting together monitoring and evaluation reports.
- To occasionally book volunteers onto relevant training courses.
- To support the trustees in developing and maintaining all organisational policies and procedures.
- To assist in updating our social media and ordering and distributing our advertising materials.
- Any additional project-based tasks in line with our strategy.
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally and in writing.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- An ability to be self-motivated across a broad spectrum of work.
- An ability and commitment to work effectively in partnership with the Trustee board and other Artspace Brighton volunteers.
- An ability to adapt in response to feedback and the lessons learned through practice.
- An ability to work to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
· Experience of working or volunteering in a previous administrative role.
- Contributing to a community based mental health project which is volunteer lead and run to help us keeping providing the service
- Gaining knowledge, skills and experience
- Learning about how small charities function
and working with some great colleagues in an inclusive way!
The post-holder will need access to an internet-enabled device and most of the work can be undertaken from home. Once a quarter, the Volunteer Admin Officer will be required to attend a Trustee Meeting, usually hosted in central Brighton.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Most of the work can be completed in your own time with deadlines agreed with whoever sets the task/s|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses only
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Induction/ one to one meetings/ team meetings
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Based on individual needs in agreement.