VOLUNTEER ADMIN OFFICER
Artspace is a small charity providing a community based art studio for people with mental health problems to be creative in a supportive and inclusive environment. We are entirely volunteer led and managed.
Tasks and Responsibilities to include:
· To attend quarterly Trustee meetings in order to take minutes.
· To file and distribute minutes of meetings.
· To keep the digital filing system (Dropbox) updated and orderly.
· To support the Voluntary Operations Manager and Lead Studio Facilitator with a range of admin tasks; correspondence, compiling lists of funders, updating spreadsheets, etc.
· To format and email / post out our quarterly Newsletter (which is written by studio facilitators).
· To assist the Operations Manager with putting together monitoring and evaluation reports.
· To occasionally book volunteers onto relevant training courses.
· To support the Voluntary Operations Manager in developing and maintaining all organisational policies and procedures.
· To assist in updating our social media and ordering and distributing our advertising materials.
· To liaise with other professionals, projects and organisations within the relevant fields in order to forge and maintain strong links.
· To promote the organisation with a clear idea of its identity and USP in relation to other projects and services in Brighton and Hove, as well as nationally.
· An ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both verbally and in writing.
· A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· An ability to be self-motivated across a broad spectrum of work.
· An ability and commitment to work effectively in partnership with the Trustee board and other Artspace Brighton volunteers.
· An ability to adapt in response to feedback and the lessons learned through practice.
· An ability to work to meet deadlines.
· An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
· Experience of working or volunteering in a previous administrative role.
1) Contributing to a community based mental health project which is volunteer lead and run to help us keeping providing the service
2) Gaining knowledge, skills and experience
3) Learning about how small charities function
and working with some great colleagues in an inclusive way!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Most of the work can be completed in your own time with deadlines agreed with whoever sets the task/s|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses only
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Induction/ one to one meetings/ team meetings
Based on individual needs in agreement.