MOSAIC Black & Mixed Parentage Family Group
The aim of MOSAIC is to provide support for Black and Mixed Parentage families within Brighton and Hove. Currently we provide an Under 5s Play and Stay session and opportunities for families to get together through social events, meetings and workshops. We provide safe majority spaces for BAME children and families.
Purpose of the role: To support MOSAIC and its trustees by providing administrative support in the office.
The aim of the role: To maintain the appropriate administrative systems and ensure that this is done efficiently across the whole organisation by:
• Typing correspondence, reports, forms and minutes of meetings
• Setting up and maintaining an efficient filing system
• Updating and maintaining the database of members
• Ordering stationary and materials required for MOSAIC
It is essential that the volunteer/volunteers within this role specification are able to work as part of a team as well as individually and have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- A commitment to the work of MOSIAC and the welfare of the members
- A good understanding and commitment to equal opportunities practice
- Ability to work within the confidentiality framework
This role provides good opportunities to:
- Build up your CV
- Make new friends
- Gain new skills
The office is located centrally and so there are accessible bus routes as well as having a close proximity to the Brighton train station.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Time Commitment: Minimum of 5 hours per week Required: As soon as possible.|
Where does this role take place?
113 Queen's Road
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Administration and Office
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer