Volunteer Benefits Advisor
Many people don’t realise that they’re entitled to financial help when they’re facing a serious illness. Our Benefits Advice service, in partnership with Age UK, supports people by helping to alleviate financial hardship and deprivation when they need it the most. We are looking for friendly volunteers to join the team where you will be:
- Arranging appointments with clients to visit them within their home or other health care setting (following referral from the benefits coordinator)
- Completing welfare benefit claim forms and ensuring the client's circumstances and needs are represented
- Signposting and referring clients to other organisations that could address other needs or issues (e.g. Debt, housing, employment)
- Ability to analyse and break down complex issues into manageable components
- Ability to write clear notes, records and letters
- Ability to work on your own and use initiative
- Have an empathy and understanding of the issues that affect clients and their families with cancer and other life limiting illnesses.
- Helping people to access much needed financial support
- An opportunity for you to make a difference to your community
- Being part of a leading national organisation and local charity
This role is mostly community based in either client's homes or other health care setting. Access to your own transport is a benefit.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Most volunteers make around 2-3 home visits per week.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer