Volunteer bookkeeper 2 days a month
Voices in Exile
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Voices in Exile for anyone with experience with bookkeeping!
You would be helping our finance trustee and director with various bookkeeping tasks as directed by the director and/or trustee as well as supporting our administrator. Examples of tasks will be consolidating petty cash and keeping track of monies in and out.
This role would suit someone who is retired or someone who would like to support a small local charity.
You will have experience;
- in working with Xero (essential)
- with ReceiptBank (would be advantageous but not essential)
- with bank reconciliation, purchase ledger and journal processing
- experience in accounting for transactions using the Xero tracking function (would be desirable)
- of bookkeeping for a charity would be helpful (treatment of income and expenditure in a charity is different from the commercial world.)
We will be able to pay expenses such as travel or lunch
You will be able to attend any in-house training we offer to all volunteers and any free or low cost training specifically related to bookkeeping
The role is for two days a month, days to be negotiated.
We are in Kemptown so easiest to get to us is by bus 2, 1 and 7 service from Brighton (Gala Bingo stop) as well as buses 12/12x/27 alongside the seafront (Bedford Street stop)
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Fitzherbert Centre, 36 Upper Bedford Street