Volunteer Branch Secretary
Cats Protection Brighton & District Branch
At Cats Protection we help thousands of cats and kittens each year thanks to our dedicated volunteer groups. These groups of passionate individuals all help our feline friends in different ways. They take in stray and abandoned cats and ensure they receive the veterinary care and attention they deserve, help raise funds, promote neutering and help spread cat welfare messages. Our volunteer secretaries provide the support that helps our volunteer groups run smoothly. They make a real difference to the lives of our feline friends by helping maintain positive communications, supporting others, promoting the work of Cats Protection and signposting queries from members of the public.
What you might be expected to do:
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Identifying and circulating information
- Supporting the volunteer group in planning activities
- Managing communication between volunteers and staff
- Signposting enquiries to relevant team members.
- Strong administration skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- The ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Basic IT skills to use Cats Protection systems - training and support can be provided.
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping facilitate the needs of your volunteer group. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
When do I need to be available?
- Wildlife and Animals
- Business Skills
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities