Volunteer Chair of the Board of Trustees
Grace Eyre Foundation
The Grace Eyre charity working across Sussex and some parts of London supports 500+ people with learning disabilities and autism to achieve their dreams and wishes.
We are looking for a new chair to take forward and steer our exciting and ambitious new strategic plan, 2020-2025. A plan which includes user leadership and co-production, growth, increasing our influence to develop high quality, local and innovative services, diversifying our income, making our buildings fit for purpose and ensuring we value and have a workforce that is skilled and committed.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Providing leadership to the Board.
- Ensuring principles of good governance are adhered to.
- Ensuring the Board of Trustee and other meetings are run efficiently and that all trustees are involved, feel part of the decision making process and are focused on achieving the Charity's strategic direction.
- Ensuring a constructive working relationship with the chief executive, with regular meetings and annual appraisal
- Supporting and annual appraisals for the Trustees on the Board.
- Representing the organisation.
The closing date for this opportunity is 13th July at 5pm.
We are recruiting for this role despite the COVID-19 emergency because it's important for our future. We would really like to hear from you if you're interested, even if it may not be practical for us to meet in person for some time. We could talk by phone or video link initially so you can find out more about the role and if it might be right for you.
- We are looking for an individual who has experience of social care and health, (particularly learning disabilities), services , who will lead together with the Chief Executive an exciting and innovative charity.
- Experience and expertise in leading a charity.
- Experience of chairing.
- A sound understanding of the principles of good governance.
- Passion and enthusiasm for this work.
- Effective communicator.
- Making a difference by leading a significant change in the lives of some of the most excluded people.
- Personal and/or career development.
- You will be joining a Board with a wide range of skills.
Timetable For Application/Interview:
- Application deadline 13th July at 5pm.
- Interviews week beginning 3rd August by Zoom.
- Able to commit to 6 Board meetings a year, and flexible across the year to deliver other responsibilities.
- Application process will include CV and one page profile.
- Expenses will be paid.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There will be 6 Board meetings annually. Time commitment will fluctuate according to responsibilities as this will involve appraisals, reading and preparation.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities