Volunteer Client Service Administrator – Citizens Advice Shoreham by Sea
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in your local community. Do you have spare time to offer your client service skills in your local Citizens Advice office to welcome our clients who contact our service for help and advice?
This role will give you excellent opportunity to progress further to become a volunteer adviser.
As a Client Service Administrator, you will:
- Welcome Clients and other visitors.
- Explain advice process and offer information about our services.
- Point out leaflets, self- help materials and navigate clients to our website pages.
- Set up new clients on our database and record client information, book client appointments.
- Administrative tasks.
As a Client Service Administrator, you need to:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be open-minded and non-judgemental
- Be confident to work independently
- Have good IT skills ( Microsoft, database )
- Have some awareness of potential needs of vulnerable clients.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
- You will be based at Citizens Advice Shoreham-by-Sea Reception area, supported by a Supervisor.
- Available Mondays or Tuesday or Thursdays, starting as soon as possible.
- You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi for digital training.
- We ask for a minimum 6 months commitment - 4 hours a week.
- Travel expenses are paid.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome applications
from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||At the moment working days are Monday, Tuesday or Thursday - . We ask for a commitment of 6 months , 4 hours a week.|
Where does this role take place?
Lower Tandridge Way
The Shoreham Centre
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer