We are FoodPioneers C.I.C
Do you love cooking for a crowd? Are you available to cook a batch of food in a communal kitchen in Worthing once a week on a Thursday? Do you want to make a difference to people who are isolated, lonely or struggling to make ends meet? If so, then we would love to talk to you.
We are Food Pioneers is a social enterprise that works with partners to hosts community based cooking and eating together events and experiences. One of our projects is WASTE NOT WANT NOT. During the COVID-19 lockdown, this involves local volunteers cooking food in a communal kitchen which is then distributed to local people who are struggling to eat well.
We are looking for volunteers who can cook 25-30 portions of food on Thursday afternoons with ingredients supplied by us.
Our Volunteers are so important to the work that we do. If you answer yes to the questions below then we would love to hear from you.
- Do you love to cook for large groups?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of cooking from scratch?
- Do you want to play an active role in your local community?
- Do you live in or near Worthing?
You will be supported by the FoodPioneers Volunteer Coordinator. And we will provide you with food hygiene guidelines.
- Learn new skills
- Motivation and sense of achievement
- Develop new interests, hobbies and experiences
- Meet a diverse range of people
You will be volunteering in a communal kitchen in Worthing. We will confirm the venue shortly.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask you to commit to volunteer for 3-4 hours on Thursdays - ideally once a week|
Where does this role take place?
- Cooking and Catering
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities