The Treasure Basket Association
Overview of the role
The Volunteer Coordinator will manage all elements of the voluntary sector for The Treasure Basket Association (TTBA hereafter). The role involves a deep understanding and passion for the organisation and its aims and empathy with the service users. TTBA needs a Volunteer Coordinator who has the ability to cope with limited resources, seize opportunity and think creatively. A full clean driving license and use of a car is compulsory for the use of visiting organisations and assisting volunteers with travel, may be necessary. He or she will act as an ambassador and a public face for the charity.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage all aspects of the volunteers within TTBA, including policies and procedures, role descriptions, interviews and recruitment.
- Profile raising events to attract new volunteers.
- Keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering.
- Generate income, write funding bids and raise funds to make projects sustainable. Take advantage of opportunities, and manage and mitigate the risks.
- Monitor and evaluate activities and write reports for funders and trustees, maintain databases and undertake any other administrative duties.
This is a voluntary role while we develop. Once funding is in place, the role
of the Volunteer Coordinator may become a paid role in the future.
Please ask for a role description
- To gain valuable experience which can enhance your CV if that interests you.
- The chance to grow and develop with the charity as it grows.
- The opportunity to contribute to improving the lives of local, disadvantaged children.
A full clean driving
license and use of a car is compulsory for the use of visiting organisations and assisting volunteers with
travel, may be necessary.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role will start with weekly voluntary meetings with the Project Manager to help frame networks and moving forward strategies. Four Board Meetings over a year and the annual AGM. Evening and weekend work will be necessary, and the Volunteer Coordinator is also required to represent the Charity at various events throughout the year.|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities