Kennedy St Foundation
Do you enjoy building relationships with people and comfortable doing so by phone and zoom? Are you well organised? Would you like to be part of a friendly team of volunteers who are passionate about helping people transform their lives for the better? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
The Kennedy St Foundation supports families and individuals affected by substance use disorder. We were founded by Kevin Kennedy (Curly from Coronation St) and Clare Kennedy to reach more people in the community that want to embark on a journey of recovery and transformation.
The demand for our support has grown significantly since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Overcoming problems with drugs, alcohol, or mental health is hard at the best of times. It’s even harder if you can’t leave the house to access support. Social isolation and loneliness are big factors for people drinking more or turning to drugs at any time. At a time when most of us are feeling more anxious than usual, more people are likely to struggle with mental health, drug or alcohol problems.
- Help recruit new volunteers.
- Catch up with each volunteer regularly by phone, zoom etc.
- Join in any team meetings which the various specialist groups hold.
- Collate feedback and ideas and share with the CEO.
- Develop and implement your ideas for how to improve our volunteers' experience.
You don't need to have a background in substance abuse and recovery; or volunteer coordination.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys building relationships with other people.
- Is a good verbal communicator - able to listen, share information and persuade.
- Is well organised.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Is comfortable using online communications and willing to learn new tools.
- Has an interest in our work and compassion for the people we support.
1.The opportunity to contribute to strengthening a charity which is supporting a vulnerable group through the COVID-19 crisis.
2. The chance to connect with new people in the local area from a wide range of backgrounds.
3. Experience to strengthen your CV if that is relevant to you.
During the COVID 19 lockdown, you will carry out this role from home. You will therefore need a computer, phone and internet connection.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility in this role to organise your tasks around your own commitments. This is an ongoing role which would suit someone looking for a regular volunteer commitment.|
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities