The Treasure Basket Association
Could you help us recruit and support volunteers and help us transform the lives of more disadvantaged children?
The Treasure Basket Association is a small West Sussex charity providing play therapy and therapeutic resources to support the emotional well-being of disadvantaged children and families. It was founded by Felicia Lycett, an accredited play therapist. Felicia started this work in 2015 and registered The Treasure Basket Association as a charity in August 2019 to increase its reach and impact.
The COVID-19 lockdown has had a massive impact on children's wellbeing - particularly those from the most disadvantaged households. The charity is keen to expand its services to help more local children get the support they need to recover from the impact of the lockdown and fulfil their potential. It has recently received funding from the SussexCommunity Foundation and Worthing Community Chest, to help with this.
We also have a growing group of wonderful volunteers who share our passion for giving local children the best possible start in life. So, we are now looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to help us support the volunteers already involved and recruit new ones as we need them. Your role will be to:
- Keep in touch with all our volunteers regularly to see how they're getting on and if there are any issues they need help with.
- Help us thank our volunteers and celebrate their contribution.
- Put in place the processes and training we need to keep our volunteering programme safe, legal and enjoyable.
- Liaise with Felicia to see what new volunteers and roles we need - develop role descriptions, arrange the advertising, and organise the recruitment.
- Keep up to date with good practice and legal requirements in relation to volunteering (through the information, training and networking offered by Community Works).
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the way we involve volunteers and would be great experience for someone who is looking to progress their career in the charity sector or in HR in any sector. If you're interested we can adapt the role to enable you to get more experience in areas which are particularly interesting for you. Get in touch and we can have an informal chat to see if there's a good fit.
You don't need to have done a role like this before. We can provide training, support and networking with other people doing a similar role
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys building relationships with other people.
- Is a good verbal communicator - able to listen, share information and persuade.
- Is well organised.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Is comfortable using online communications and willing to learn new tools.
- Shares our belief in the importance of giving every child a good start in life.
We welcome applications from people who would like to gain experience to help their career development.
Ideally we would like someone who can stay with us for a minimum of 6 months. But if you have skills that could help us with a one-off project to improve our processes and systems - ready for someone else to take over the ongoing role, we are also interested to hear from you.
- To gain valuable experience which can enhance your CV if that interests you.
- The chance to grow and develop with the charity as it grows.
- The opportunity to contribute to improving the lives of local, disadvantaged children.
This role is based at home as we don't have an office base. But there will be a little bit of travelling around the area to meet volunteers, attend events or networking. We will pay essential travel expenses.
You will need a computer, phone and internet connection at home.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Ideally we are looking for someone who can offer a minimum of 8 hours a month. Much of the work can be done at a time to suit you, although sometimes there will be meetings and events to attend. We would also ideally like someone who can stay with us for about 6 months. But if you have skills that could help us improve our processes and systems - ready for someone else to take over the ongoing role, we are also interested to hear from you.|
Where does this role take place?
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers