SEDS (Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes)
Could you help us recruit and support volunteers and help us improve the lives of more people living with SEDS?
Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes and Hypermobility Disorders CIC (SEDS) is an award winning charitable social enterprise in Sussex. We advocate for awareness, actively supporting members who are chronically ill/disabled or who are carers, and we help save lives. Some of us have Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes (EDS) or symptomatic hypermobility ourselves. We are small, but very much in demand and we are growing across Sussex and beyond.
The main purpose of SEDS is:
- To offer support activities to improve physical and mental health for those suffering from EDS and hypermobility symptoms and their families/carers/friends.
- To raise awareness of EDS/HSD in Sussex.
- To advocate for us in the public and professional domains.
With our volunteer team now comprising nearly 10 people, we need a Volunteer Coordinator to help us support them and stay in regular touch - both individually and via team meetings.
Your tasks will be to:
- Help recruit new volunteers.
- Catch up with each volunteer regularly by phone, zoom etc.
- Join in any team meetings.
- Collate feedback, track ideas with working groups and share with the Trustees.
- Develop and implement your ideas for how to improve our volunteers' experience.
THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE - WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN COMMIT FOR AT LEAST FOUR MONTHS.
If you're interested, please get in touch for an informal chat by clicking the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and filling in your contact details.
You don't need to have in depth knowledge about EDS and Hypermoblilty, but some experience as a volunteer coordinator would be helpful or transferable skills from other roles.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about volunteering and:
- Enjoys building relationships with other people and is open minded to differences.
- Is a good verbal communicator - able to listen, share information and persuade.
- Is well organised.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Is comfortable using online communications and willing to learn new tools.
- Has an interest in our work and compassion for the people we support.
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening a community support group.
- The chance to connect with new people in the local area from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience to strengthen your CV if that is relevant to you (although we only provide references if you have volunteered with us for at least six months.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility to fit this role around your other commitments. THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE - WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN COMMIT FOR AT LEAST FOUR MONTHS.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities