YMCA DownsLink Group
YMCA Dialogue is a BACP Accredited service in Surrey, East and West Sussex. We work with over 7000 children and young people each year, and provide free counselling in a variety of settings, from schools to community centres. We work with over 130 therapeutic staff and hold regular training events for our Volunteer Counsellors.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional volunteer counsellors who wish to gain more experience working with 11-25 year olds in the local community.
Full fortnightly supervision and ongoing training is provided, with an expectation that you will provide at least 3 client sessions per week and stay for a minimum of 12 months.
You will be BACP registered or equivalent, have a Level 4 qualification or above and be committed to working with young people in a community or school setting.
- Experience of working with 11-25 year olds in the community.
- The chance to make a difference to young lives.
- Ongoing training.
Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||A minimum of three client sessions per week for at least a year.|
Where does this role take place?
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities